Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Buying things is often fun

Yesterday was a grand day for me, as I received my first ever bunch-of-things from Amazon. Yes, I know, that's quite sad, but I take my happy where I can get it, okay?

I know you're all fascinated to find out what it is that it is that I got, so...

Spaced - Definitive Collector's Edition

I saw a couple of episodes of Spaced when they were shown on the ABC, and that was the main reason I went all spazzy about Shaun of the Dead. I am really looking forward to seeing all of Spaced, and playing "Spot the other comedians who I know about" (I know David Walliams is in an episode, and am really really looking forward to that!!)

Dylan Moran - Monster Live

The man is a genius. I watched this last night and almost injured myself from the laughing and the cackling and giggling. I loved Black Books, and this is right up there adding to the love.

Bill Bailey - Bewilderness


I got this a)because I've read heaps of good reviews of Bill Bailey in the past and b) Manny.

Bill Bailey - Part Troll


See above. Also watched this last night, and again with laughing and the rolling around and the kicking my little legs in the air.

Bill Hicks - One Night Stand

Bill Hicks - Totally

I have been obsessed with Bill Hicks since I caught a glimpse of him on a pseudo documentary called "A Question of Taste". Then I found out he'd died the same year as I discovered him and was depressed and disgruntled. And also discovered that it was almost impossible to find anything by him in Australia. I now have most of his cds, and these dvds are just the icing on the cake. Sadly, the "more popular and understood outside of his native country America" thing still seems to be happening - I found these through the UK Amazon. There is nary a mention of Bill Hicks on the US site. I am a little scared to watch these, due to said obsession, but am treasuring them nonetheless.

And that's it. I'm off to have some vegan vietnamese dinner. Mmmmm.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?