Tuesday, December 14, 2004

"Insufferable man!!"

Oh yeah. I'm so there with the Mr Darcy love. Sigh. And whimper.

So, ended up watching every single episode of Pride and Prejudice. My brain is now so full of Regency drama and comedy and Mr Darcy that I am not sure my poor nerves will ever recover. Oh my smelling salts, I need my smelling salts!!

*clears throat, shuffles feet*

Well, anyway, it's not that I'm easily drawn into other worlds, fantasy worlds, okay? It's just that I am able to suspend my disbelief effectively enough to enjoy a world not of my own making.

Obviously, for Mr Darcy, I'd be happy to suspend anything ;)

*clears throat, shuffles feet*

I think the best part of last night was watching it with my friends. There was a lot of female bonding going on, what with the sighing and whimpering and claiming Mr Darcy for our own and laughing heartily...lots of fun.

However, my favourite moment was before we had even started watching. I was in the video store, picking up the dvd, and the woman behind the counter said "Ah, Pride and Prejudice. Is that the BBC version?" Yup, I replied. She smiled, a little sadly and wistfully, sighed and nodded, and conducted the rest of the transaction with her eyes glazed over and emitting occasional additional sighs.

And now I understand why.

Sigh.


Comments:
Hey! It is now TUESDAY since you posted anything. How are we supposed to know what you are doing. This is all most terribly vexing. You get us all hooked on this blog thing and then leave us hanging.
Only a week until you are back in the ACT - bet you cant wait, Megs.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?