Thursday, December 02, 2004

"We're men, we're men in tights!"

And skirts. And mascara. And fishnet stockings. And false breasts. And lippy.

Ah, crossdressing men. What is it about you that makes me love you so much?

Point of clarification - I'm talking boys in skirts here, not drag queens. Drag queens are pretty damn fabulous, of course, but I don't want to shag them.

Boys in skirts. Oh yeah.

Thankfully, Hollywood has seen fit to bring us films in recent times to feed this fetish. I didn't make it past the first third of Troy, but I wanted to watch it because of all the boys in skirts. And that last still is just funny.

Started watching King Arthur tonight, purely from the boys in skirts point of view.

Okay, I'll concede that they're not so much in skirts, as in armour. Fine. But, and I'll say this once only, Clive Owen.

But it's not even the skirts and swords combo I look for. Oh no. Give me the full cross dressing experience and I'm a happy woman. Let's trawl through some of my favourites, shall we?

1. Dr Frank-n-Furter (Tim Curry, Rocky Horror Picture Show). Please. Just beautiful. Sigh.

2. BrianSlade/Maxwell Demon (Jonathon Rhys Meyers, Velvet Goldmine)

3. Eddie Izzard.
Funny and beautiful and very very smart.

4. David Walliams' characters in Little Britain - Miss Grace and Emily Howard ("the crap transvestite")

I hope you have enjoyed this journey through my twisted psyche. I'll be here all week. Enjoy your meal and please tip your waitress.

Comments:
I agree with most of the list, quite partial to pretty goth boys in skirts myself - although much as I love Little Britain I wouldn't want to stick my hand up Emily's skirt that would just be scary, megs.
 
Ha Ha Neb - just read your comment here. Going to roll a dice.... shouldn't we both roll to see who gets to go first. Gods! Next I'll be calling my first born after Gary Gygax. What a geek I am. Megs
But yep anything resembling Kettle Blacksmith goes to you first.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?