Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Just a quick one!

Well, I'm here now. Have been here two and a half days and have successfully travelled to two major cities. Weird much? Am in Wellington at the moment, using the YHA internet thingie, so really can't faff about too much.

So yeah, the trip over was intense, was terrified for most of the checking in, currency conversion etc stuff, but had UncleOgbo accompanying me, so that made it all so much easier.

Arrival in Auckland was facilitated due to striking up a conversation with a backpacker from England, who looked to me, the overorganised one, to find the bus to the hostels section of Auckland, and who kept me company until I got there.

I have a whole story about Auckland, but don't have the time - may end up doing all of that when I get back, when I have the luxury of time and cable internet ;)

Took the train from Auckland to Wellington yesterday. It was fucking awesome - even being 12 hours long!!

Today I trundled around Wellington with a friend of mine who is in the area until Friday. We went on the cable car, wandered through the Botanical Gardens, and then went to Te Papa museum for a quick look around. I managed to vaguely familiarise myself with the city, which is good for the rest of my stay.

I had a shaky moment re my bus pass, which I had organised in Sydney, but when I went to the bus centre there was a bit of a problem as it looked like it hadn't been confirmed. But it all worked out and I'm able to travel around using money I have already put down a month ago. Groovy.

Anyway, best be off to figure out what I'm doing this evening. It's two hours ahead here which makes everything a bit off kilter, but not by much. Am hoping to go to the tattoo museum and Te Papa again tomorrow, and then off to a movie at the Embassy Theatre.

More soon - including actual tales of travel!!

Comments:
So - the Botanical Gardens are a "must see" for Wellington, eh? Did you see the Dali tree (i.e. with a crutch)? Enjoy.

Anne
 
Who is uncle ogbo? Parden my lack of time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?