Sunday, January 23, 2005

Science fiction, double feature

Well, here I am in sunny Auckland. I can't express quite how much I wish I was in Wellington. I'm not really sure why I'm here, apart from the fact that it's a major (the major, in fact) city in New Zealand, and I really feel I should have a squizz around.

Feeling oddly flat. There were 3 million sugar fuelled children on the coach from Hamilton to Auckland, and one of the little bastards sat next to me and repeatedly jabbed me in the side for nigh on two hours. I was tempted to tell him off, but I was worried if I started telling him off that it would never end, and I would close my days languishing in a psychiatric ward somewhere...

I think I'm going to do the full tourist thing on the Explorer bus tomorrow - right now it's the mid afternoon on a Sunday, I don't think that there's going to be much going on today anyway. I'll go to yet another museum (my brain is full of much knowledge that I find difficult to access), and an aquarium and "Antarctic Experience" because, well, penguins...

There's a cool sounding suburb that I might check out today - Ponsonby, which contains the 'hip', 'alternative' etc K Rd (the name of the road is stupidly long and hard to pronounce, so it's just referred to as K Rd). There's a vegan cafe there which will serve me for dinner (I hope it's open...)

Ooh!! Ooh!! Was successful yesterday in finding the Riff Raff statue - it was made by Weta Workshop (I love them even more and more!!) Very cute. It's kind of tucked away, so you do actually have to seek it out, but it's beautiful.

Counting down the days until I'm back in Wellington. I so have the smits with that city...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?