Friday, February 04, 2005

10 Things I Hate About My Brain

There are some stupid things that my brain has been doing during my trip around New Zealand, and I would like to enumerate them for you kind people.

1. Every time I see or hear "Ao Tea Roa", I start getting this running through my head: "Ao Tea Roa, I wanted to sail around the world. Living on the sea. That's the life for me. I just spent six months in a leaky boat..." And I don't know all of the words, so that just goes on and on in a loop. I love the song, but it's getting quite annoying.

2. Every time I see a poi, I get exactly the same reaction as in Point 1. This is because in the video clip for the song, there are Maori women doing poi dances.

3. Every time I wander around a Botanic or Rose Garden (and I've done that quite a bit), I find myself thinking in Austen language. And actions. It's quite disconcerting. Thank goodness no one has asked me a question whilst I was in that state, one is sure that one would be unable to reply without blushing. Oh gods, it's happening again.

4. Every time I went through the Wellington Gardens I kept looking around to see bits of where things from Peter Jackson's early movies could have been filmed.

5. Every time I went through cemeteries in Wellington I kept looking around to see where scenes from Braindead or The Frighteners could have been filmed.

6. At Wellington Zoo...you guys know where this is going, right? At Wellington Zoo, I kept looking around to see where scenes from Braindead could have been filmed.

7. In Wellington suburbs, I kept looking for the streets that Braindead or The Frighteners or Heavenly Creatures were filmed in. (Am I the only person who thinks that there should be a guidebook for the locations of other Peter Jackson films, not just Lord of the Rings?)

8. I've become something of an ornithologist, and actually think seagulls are kind of cute now. Pigeons, however, will always be rats of the air.

9. I go "Awwwww" every time I see sheep, or cows, or deer, or horses, or ducks on the hills that the coach I'm on is zooming through. I will occasionally go "Awwww" at the untenanted hills also.

10. I don't have a tenth, but I would like to reiterate the ridiculousness of the ongoing situation of Point 1.

I feel so much better for that. At least I am not continuously referencing Footrot Flats, eh?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?