Tuesday, March 29, 2005

It's a still life, Jim

I love me some Spock, and it's always good to see that the man who brought him to life is a) still alive and b) still doing some interesting work on film - albeit from behind the lens. I'm probably the last person to know this, but Leonard Nimoy has taken to black and white photography quite seriously in the last few years (releasing the book Shekhina in 2003).

Due to some comments he made about Fat Actress, I had a bit of a trawl around the internet(s) and found his photography site. Which, praise be, contains some examples of his work. And, you know, he's awfully good. His upcoming exhibition (in the US only, sigh) is Maximum Beauty, a series of photos of plus size women. Note that a lot of his work is nudes, which is not so much with the safe to view if you are at work, but there's a couple of series that are of objects, and are very beautiful.

Whilst I'm on the Original series roll, I might as well mention that I've had William Shatner's (or WFS, to WWdN readers) 'Has Been' on high rotation in my listening machines for the last couple of months, and I cannot say enough good things about it. Have a listen if you get a chance - the middle four songs are a bit m'eh, but there are some gems there. Not least the rocking cover of Pulp's 'Common People', and the wonderfully funny title track. The wonderful bods at Fametracker have done a Fame Audit on Mr Shatner, which I recommend you cast your collective eyes over...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?