Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Can you bring your ferret?

There are many reasons why I adore Neil Gaiman - his writing, his apparent affability, his support of other writers and artists, his floppy hair and occasional goatee - and he is definitely one of many reasons why I'm terribly excited that I'm going to Continuum 3 in just over a month (eep!!). This recent post on his blog - do's and don't's for his book signings - just became reason 3652 why I adore him.

This is probably my favourite piece of advice - mostly because I'm the person standing in line, desperately attempting to come up with something wonderful to say.

7) Don't worry. You won't say anything stupid. It'll be fine. My heart tends to go out to people who've stood in line for hours trying to think of the single brilliant witty erudite thing that they can say when they get to the front of the line, and when it finally happens they put their books in front of me and go blank, or make a complete mess of whatever they were trying to say. If you have anything you want to ask or say, just ask, or say it, and if you get a blank look from me it's probably because I'm slightly brain dead after signing several thousand things that day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?