Wednesday, July 06, 2005

When I was 29, I had a very good July...

Suddenly, I find myself in July. Which, frankly, is shaping up to be a very busy month for me. This weekend I've got a Firefly related shindig a-goin' on (I'm one of the organisers, which is scary and cool and incredibly geeky and did I mention scary?) so this week is all about getting prepped for that. Much fun should be had by all. I may even put up some photos from it, if it comes to that (though probably on my other, Fireflycentric, blog).

Then, next weekend, whirlwind flight to Melbourne for Continuum 3. I keep trying to measure how excited I am by this, my first convention, (complete with bonus Neil Gaiman!), but I think that I'm so overexcited about going that I won't realise that I've been until about a month afterwards. There's lots of fun panels, and some great sounding events - much looking forward to the Maskabalo (yay for an excuse to dress up!) Plus, did I mention the Neil Gaiman-ness of the event? I was going to buy something new and shiny for him to sign, but I thought I'd take my slightly battered copy of Smoke and Mirrors instead. Or maybe my dvd set of Neverwhere.

In some of my precious free time in Melbourne, I'm hoping to go to Vegan Wares - at the very least to ogle, perhaps to purchase some fine vegan footware. And I'm also going to try and find the bakery that sells vegan doughnuts....mmm...doughnutty goodness. Though that could be a little difficult - the journey's the thing, right?

No, actually, I'm pretty sure the doughnuts are the thing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?