Monday, August 22, 2005

Is Jesus the son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

In keeping with my leaping onto interesting lookin' internet(s) bandwagons that meander by, I bring to you the great Flying Spaghetti Monster debate (via MightyOgbo and boingboing).

An Open Letter was created as a neat little satire on the increased pressure in the US for schools to teach Creationism (otherwise know as "Intelligent Design". I mean, what? I could make willy jokes here [and in fact just deleted such a joke], but seriously - that moniker is such a middle management term. "Intelligent Design". Pphhht. My arse)

Anyhoo, there was some brouhaha from the various Creationist groups, so now boingboing have announced a challenge, and I quote:

"We are willing to pay any individual *$250,000 if they can produce empirical evidence which proves that Jesus is not the son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

* Prize to be awarded with Intelligently Designed currency; void where prohibited by logic."

Read on, Macduff....

Comments:
Well, all I can say is it's a good thing we're doing our bit to increase the pirate population over on the Serenity boards. Didn't even know we were doing our bit in the fight against global warming!
 
Some of the bumper stickers popping up on BoingBoing in relation to this are hy-larious. The whole thing's great!
 
Baby you should be making a comedy in killing! Naturally, I'm setting the mold of my own money making scheme!!! Hahahahahaha! Anyone who's interested in pretty little tidbits of Celtic info should come and visit my group CelticSeasalts in the Yahoo Groups section entitled Celtic. Love you!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?