Thursday, October 13, 2005

I think I'm turning 30.

I have recently celebrated my first birthday where I have a blog to write about having a birthday. Weird.

I'm not 30 - at least not in my head. I turned 30 in early September, and I keep saying that out loud, keep calling myself "old", because I truthfully don't feel (nor do I think I look) 30. If I was to attribute any age to myself, it would 24.

Much as I loved my time in Katoomba, and much as I took a lot away from my relationship with my ex, my experiences with my friends, and much as I wouldn't trade any of that away, sometimes I do feel that I...lost...5 years. That those years in Katoomba were a dream, were not real, and when I got back to Sydney, I was all...5 years came crashing down on the back of my neck, and I wasn't really sure how to deal with that.

I had a tremendous birthday. Vegan yum cha was consumed on the actual day, and I got some beautiful gifts of homeware-y goodness from my friends (my current thing is making my room as Inara like as possible - all asian stylings and deep sensual colours...not sure it's going to work out, but it's fun to try!) And Meff made me a gorgeous necklace (did I mention that not only do I love Meff for being Meff, but it's amazing having a tremendously talented maker of jewellery as a friend?)

I had a big party a week or so after my birthday. Cocktail parties are always fun, and I made people dress up in formal gear - any excuse to wear my cheong sam again! Many cocktails were drunk, and many ridiculous faces, statements, slurred declarations of world domination were made.

And, of course, I got to meet Joss Whedon the next day, which pretty much made this the Best.Birthday.Ever.

But I'm totally not 30, 'kay? That's our little secret.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?